Licensure‎ > ‎

Out of State Applicants

New Requirements for Provisional Certificates Effective July 1, 2013

When Illinois moves from a certification system to a licensure system, the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) and applicable content-area test(s) must be passed in order to receive an Educator License with Stipulations endorsed for provisional educator.

Note that no provisional principal endorsements will be issued. All applicants seeking a provisional teaching, school service or administrative endorsement other than principal (formerly general administrative) must pass the Illinois Test of Basic Skills (TAP) or submit an official score report confirming a composite score of 22 on the ACT Plus Writing or a composite score of 1030 (mathematics and critical reading) on the SAT and pass the applicable content area test(s) before a provisional certificate can be issued. Scores on the ACT Plus Writing and SAT can be no older than 10 years at the time of application.

Licensure Checklist for Out of State Educators
SelectionFile type iconFile nameDescriptionSizeRevisionTimeUser

The following information is designed to assist out of state applicants in learning more about teacher certification in Illinois and in preparing an application for a certificate.  Jul 3, 2013, 7:02 AM Unknown user